9.17.2012

YUM CHA.

I DIM SUM!



I made these delicious Dim Sum plushies for my niece's 1st birthday.  I don't have a sewing pattern for them.  Just grab a pile of felt from your local craft store and start clipping 'n stitching!

assorted felt colors ~20¢/sheet
bag of polyfill
colored thread

This is a very budget friendly DIY project. The real fun is learning ways to stitch different shapes. Knowing how to fold actual dumplings might help with sewing them. My mom is the only person who correctly named all of them. No surprise there. For years I've been her little kitchen helper. Now I must add har gow to the menu, it's my favorite dim sum item! Chicken feet would be hilarious too, if only I can figure something out...
Pictured above: sponge cake, egg tart, shaolin bao, shrimp/bell pepper & shrimp/eggplant dumplings, egg roll, shui mai, joong, pot sticker, fried won ton and fortune cookie.








nom nom nom...
sewing makes me hungry.