10.16.2012

SUSHI PLUSHIES.

SUSHI!

This is my 2nd installment of FOOD FELT PLUSHIES, following my Dim Sum series.
Sorry, no patterns yet, I just free-form cut and stitch. They are so fun to create!
Eco felt from the craft store is inexpensive.  I wish they had more food colors.
Pale green and red-orange pleeease.

There's millions of tasty treats I can't wait to stitch up!












I first decided to make sushi after getting a special request for a key chain.
I made one nigiri-zushi and it came out so cute that I made more... and more!
New rolls coming soon...  Octopus?  Inari-zushi?  Musubi?  Oh yes.

I started on the CA roll.  I'm having trouble sewing the crab/avocado filling to look proper.  I sewed an ebi (not pictured here), even though I'm deathly allergic to shrimp.
But these little fellows are completely harmless. 

I also take custom plush requests!  "Num-chucks?"  Challenge accepted!  
I will unveil them here.  Stay tuned.

Salmon Nigiri

Gyoza

Hamachi Nigiri

Tuna Nigiri

Bento Box Combo 1
(Combo 2 is under construction...)
I copped this wood tray on clearance for about $3.  Yayy for Target!